Thank you for your interest in joining the COSA community!
COSA Fresno recruits volunteers of all walks of life from the local community. Although individually unique, volunteers share a common bond in their commitment to enhance community safety and repair community relationships. Volunteers and COSA circles accomplish this by supporting core members to successfully rejoin the community and avoid reoffending. The circle will support the core members as they rebuild, or learn to build, community connections and also hold them accountable to developing healthy social and personal relationships while adhering to post-release expectations. It is in this manner that the circle will relate to the needs of both the community and the core member.
Steps to Volunteer:
- Application, must be 21 years old
- Orientation (2 hours) (Optional)
- Training I (10 hours, Friday night and Saturday)
- Interview, background check and fingerprinting
- Circle Training II (7 hours, Saturday)
- Agreement to participate in a COSA circle for one year
PHASE 1 TRAINING
In this 10 hour training volunteers will learn about best communication practices to promote safety and develop a clear understanding of how to provide support and accountability to the core member.
PHASE 2 TRAINING